Diin ang El Ideal?.........ah e-li-dyal, Dira Lang sa Highway

Woooh, got caught on that, Me and Sissy were out looking for the infamous Napoleones of Bacolod, and I don't know where we got the information that El Ideal of Silay City is one of the best.

 While in Silay we asked a local where to find El Ideal, it took him a while to respond, he said; " Ah e-li-dyal(how they pronounce it), dira lang sa main highway sa kanto gid."
It's right along the National Highway, that when you walk on the supposed street side, you are walking  on the National Highway itself.
El Ideal is a restaurant famous for their "Guapple Pie" and not Napoleones. We made a quick stop, bought some goodies while Bro, Papa and Mama ordered batchoy. While they were having their snacks, we didn't stop for our search of Napoleones of Bacolod.
The Famous Guapple Pie......failed to get one during our visit





El Ideal is a bakery and refreshment, considered to be Silay's Original Bakery established in 1920. It is located in the ground floor of Cesar Lacson Locsin Ancestral House and is one of Heritage Houses inscribed by the National Historical Institute.

Mai's Lessons Learned
  • Best not to be over O.C when planning a trip. It makes travelling more exciting! Make room for your own experience and not be a copycat of someone else's travel.
  • Take your Time. Unless you are in the Amazing Race that finding something first will make you the first team to arrived and have an exciting prize, remember it is your own trip, take time savor the place you are in.
If I have been so OC in planning it, I would know that I will never find that Napoleones in Silay City, but if I did, I will never find another interesting Cafe.(you'll read about it on my next post)
I learned that if I took more time in El Ideal, I would have tasted their "Guapple Pie," which was featured in most of the National Newspapers.

More Wanders means More Learnings. I am a Student of Life.
How to get there:

Located in 118 Rizal St., Silay City, Negros Occidental, along the National Highway. Tel. No. (034) 495 4430 

Comments