Glimpse of the Great Son of Ilocos in Batac

Travelling to the North of Philippines requires lot of patience, you need to spend hours inside your vehicle to get to your next destination. Good for me, because I enjoy those quite moments just looking at the scenery along the way.

From Vigan it took us about two hours to get to Batac, Ilocos Norte, I included it to our itinerary because of Empanadahan sa Batac. It is not just the "empanadahan" that makes Batac to every travel itinerary in the North, but it is also the place where the remains of Ilocos' Great Son, late president Ferdinand Marcos, was laid temporarily.
 Our first stop is The Marcos Mausoleum, no cameras allowed inside the mausoleum and I can't remember if there is an entrance fee. When getting inside the mausoleum, you have to line as you walked around the glass encased remains of the former president, with a soft music playing. It is a fleeting experience, but I felt as I looked at him, I know this man has done something great to our country.
Just beside the mausoleum is a museum that houses his life memorabilia; his educational achievements, his writings, furniture he used and even the plate numbers of his vehicles as a statesman.
Across the street from the Marcos Mausoleum and Museum is Batac Empanadahan, as we approach the bridge we din't pass chance to take a photo of Batac Church.
Batac Church
Batac's empanada color is orange while Vigan's empanada is yellow in color, that is the first difference that I notice. We have our afternoon snacks of; empanada, kwek-kwek, soda & leche con yelo.

Kwek-kwek

Batac's empanada
 After our snack we are back on the road to Pagudpud!
Till my next travel.......

Comments