The struggle is real in finding a healthier version of food for my parents. These days, I tried to find recipes that are on the raw or fresh state, one of my recent kitchen adventure is the Hibachi Steak Lettuce Wraps. Pinterest has deen my go to site when looking for recipes to try.
Blessed that I live in Mindanao (with recent news of Martial Law and war in Marawi), I'll have it on my next post. Because we have access to fresh and organic vegetables, very timely that Tita Vangie texted me that she has organic lettuce available at only Php 80.00 per kilo. I bought a kilo, which lasted for two weeks.
Making Hibachi Steak Lettuce Wraps is super quick and easy.
Hibachi Steak Lettuce Wraps
- Steak, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/8 tsp. salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. canola oil, I used olive oil
- 2 tbsp. salted butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 5 tbsp. of yum yum sauce
- Season steak with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add to hot skillet. Allow to sear for 1 to1.5 minutes or until the side is slightly caramelized. Add butter and soy sauce, saute for up to a minute until butter is melted. This should get the steak to about medium rare or medium well.
- In each lettuce leaf, layer it with steak and yum yum sauce. Serve while steak is still hot.
The secret to the Hibachi Steak is the yumyum sauce. I made my own version, but you can search for it and make your own version.
Yum Yum Sauce
- Spanish paprika
- Softened butter
- Tomato paste
- Garlic powder
- Brown sugar
- Salt to taste