The last three months made me busy kneading and baking bread. It is a happy experience for me, every time I pull a freshly baked bread out of the oven. And for a month, almost every other day I am in kitchen for the Cheesy Garlic Herb Pull Apart Bread. Haha, the name itself had all the basic ingredients for this bread.
Got the recipe from Girl Versus Dough, and it turns out really good.
Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread
- 2 tsp. Garlic
- 3 tbsp. Parsley, fresh
- 2 1/4 tsp. Active dry yeast
- 1 Black pepper, ground
- 2 tbsp. Granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Butter, unsalted
- 1 cup Cheddar jack cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup Water
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and yeast. Pour warm water and let it stand for 5-10 minutes until foamy.
- In a large bowl, mix flour and salt until combined. Pour the yeast mixture and the oil, stir with wooden spoon or on low speed dough mixer until dough forms. Transfer dough in floured surface and knead for 10 to 15 minutes, until the dough becomes soft and elastic. Transfer dough to a slightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it stand for 1 hour.
- Heat oven at 400 F. Spray two 8-inch round pan with cooking spray. In a small bowl, stir butter, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
- punch down the dough, divide into two and let it rest for 5 minutes. On a floured surface, roll the dough, spread butter mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Roll up into a log, pich seam to seal. With log seam down, carefully slice dough half-way through then lift into the pan. Spread a dollop of butter over, and let it stand for another 15-20 minutes.
- Bake bread 20-25 minutes until deep golden brown.