Tried something new in the kitchen. And thanks to my ever reliable recipe source, The Tummy Train by Cla Panuelos. Sesame Seed Balls is the famous "buchi," a sesame covered fried glutinous rice.
No need to list the recipe and how it's made, I have it covered in how I describe "buchi."
Sesame Seed Balls
- 6 tbsp. red bean paste
- 1 3/4 cup glutinous rice flour
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sesame seed
- oil for frying
- Place glutinous rice in a bowl. Make a large well at the center. Prepare water nearby for wetting of hands.
- Bring water to boil the add brown sugar. Remove from heat and pour into the glutinous rice.
- Stir rice flour and sugar mixture.
- Knead and form into logs.
- Cut into equal portions, shape into balls then flatten and add the filling. Form it into balls and roll in sesame seeds.
- Deep fry.