Sea Glass

Sea glass is something new for me, until I read about it in my daily devotional. I started searching about it. In other countries there are collectors who took time to visit famous sea glass beaches. Here in the Philippines, a number of jewelry designer incorporate sea glasses on their creations.
What is a sea glass? Naturally produced sea glass ("genuine sea glass") originates as pieces of glass from broken bottles, broken tableware, or even shipwrecks, which are rolled and tumbled in the ocean for years until all of their edges are rounded off, and the slickness of the glass has been worn to a frosted appearance.(source: Wikipedia)
Browie's birthday became a chance for me to try looking for sea glass. I did found three pieces, the white one shows a frosted appearance, while the colored ones were not as frosted as the white one. The green and brown sea glasses have rounded and smoother edges, that indicates it has rolled and tumbled in the sea for a time as well.

Susan's Beach, Tinoto, Maasim, Sarangani gave me three sea glasses




Comments