What's Cooking: Strawberry Cake

Few weeks before Christmas, Tito Jonathan gave us more than 5 kilos of frozen strawberry halves. I then started searching for recipes of strawberry cake, until I came across a recipe from one of my favorite Lifestyle Channel star, Ree Drummond. Here is the recipe of the Strawberry Sponge Cake and the Whipped Cream Icing.

Strawberry Sponge Cake
  • 1 1/2 C Flour
  • 3 Tbsp. Cornstarch
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 9 Tbsp. Unsalted butter, softened 
  • 1 1/2 C Sugar
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1/2 C Sour Cream
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla

Whipped Cream Icing
  • 1/2 pound Cream Cheese
  • 2 sticks Unsalted Butter
  • 1 1/2 pound Powdered Sugar
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla
  • 1 pound Strawberry

I baked the sponge cake before we went to our Christmas eve Church service. And after the Church service, Miya & I started working on the icing. I added sugar in the strawberry halves I put around the cake to add a little sweetness.











Comments