MY 40 DAYS of SILENCE

40 days is a spiritually significant time period. Whenever God wanted to prepare someone for his purpose, he took 40 days;
  • ·         Noah’s life was transformed by 40 days of rain.
  • ·         Moses was transformed by 40 days on Mount Sinai.
  • ·         The spies were transformed by 40 days in the Promise Land.
  • ·         David was transformed by Goliath’s 40-day challenge.
  • ·         Elijah was transformed when God gave him 40 days of strength from a single meal.
  • ·         The entire city of Nineveh was transformed when God gave the people 40 days to change.
  • ·         Jesus was empowered by 40 days in wilderness.
  • ·         The disciples were transformed by 40 days with Jesus after his resurrection.

(Source: The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren)
The decision came to me after my 30th Birthday; I want to have a clearer picture of the path that I am taking. Like in every trip, one needs to prepare an itinerary, sets the date of travel and budgets all the possible expenses to be incurred.
Taking this 40 days of silence from Mai Wanders, showed me the life I should be living. That LIFE is not about me, IT IS ALL ABOUT GOD.
HOW? By living the life where He puts me in, through our passion. Within this 40 days, I realized that TRAVEL is one of those passions that God gave me. Yes, it is where my heart is. And God gives it to me because He wants something to be done. For now, that “something” might not be so clear but, I am happy to know that TRAVELING is one of the things that I am passionate about.
The realization that I am talking about came, by discovering this cut outs of a bottled water labels I have saved and kept in my planner nth years ago.

In the last 5 years, I am blessed to have the opportunity to visit three of the five places printed on those labels.




In the coming posts, Mai Wanders will show more than the places she’s been to. It will share to you its HEART

Comments