Bunawan is Not All About Lolong

Nowadays, when one speaks of Bunawan, Agusan del Sur, Lolong comes to mind. But there is more to Bunawan, it is not just Lolong.
As you enter the Municipality of Bunawan, you will be greeted by the arch, Welcome to Bunawan the Home of Lolong. Yes it is true that Lolong brought economic activity in the area, but with my post I want you to see that there is more.
As we go through the rough road to Bunawan Eco-Park, we passed through Calamansi Plantations. I find it very enchanting, it is like a mini forest, out of fairy tale. 
Sorry for the blurry photo,moving vehicle and a bumpy ride.......


Inside the Eco-Park, just a few meters down from Lolong, is Masapya Falls. The place is perfect for ME time  moments, sitting by the stream and listening to the sound of nature.



And of course Lolong, if not for the biggest crocodile, the Eco-Park would not be there. Officially the biggest crocodile in captivity, and I know Lolong is the Guinness holder, but I was not amazed by it when I got to take a glimpse of the "biggest croc in the world." I didn't get the same amazement the first time I meet Davao Crocodile Park's Pangil.
Lolong?

I'm here......

Is that you Lolong?
Getting to the Eco-Park is easy with lots of signage within Bunawan, you will surely find your way around. And I know Bunawan got more than what I have seen. Explore more than I did. 
More Mai Wanders!!!
Travel Date: April 18, 2012
Travel Buddies: D' Group

Comments