The Php 1,000.00 Challenge in Argao, Cebu

Arrived in Cebu City from Iloilo City around 7 A.M., before taking a bath I asked my sister to accompany me to Tabuan Market to buy "danggit and squid rings." There I saw Argao's Tablea, when I asked how much it cost, it was a bit pricey, my sister then suggested why don't we go to Argao City. Hmmm and my wanderlust said right away......GO!
We did, but when we went to an ATM, Oh No! its says "Wrong PIN." I am a TRAVELER, not a TOURIST, I love taking risks and I know I can go far with only Php 1,000.00.
We went to Cebu South Terminal, paid terminal fee of Php 5.00 for two, me and sissy. Took the non AC bus to Argao City for Php 79.00 each.
Inside the Non-A.C. Bus on our way to Argao
  First stop, Argao Church, about 200 meters walked from the main highway is Argao Church or San Miguel de Archangel Parish. On the right side of the Parish Church is the Hall of Justice, across is the Municipal Hall, on the left side is the Municipal Hospital and on the center is the Plaza. Argao's center is reminiscent of a Spanish Pueblo, an old town, where everything in put in one place. Here we did not spent a single centavo as we walked around the Plaza. With a hungry tummy we saw a white board by a old stone archway, with a very Western Menu written on it.

 Curious and hungry, we knocked on their gate, thinking it was close on Sunday, we went around to the beach area where we saw children writing on the sand. I asked them if Baluarte de Argao is closed, and they told me it's open.


Here we had Cheese Burger and fries, two bottled water and 1 soda, it costs me Php 285.00. With a full tummy we walked towards their Tourism Office and have some photos by the Big Torta. 

 There we took a tricycle, main means of transport in Argao, to Argao Nature Park. Entrance fee is Php 5.00 per person, and we did the canopy walk for Php 10.00 per person.

With an extra time and money left, we went to Riverstone Castle, there we were transported back to the time of dragons and princesses with an entrance fee of Php 40.00 per person. 

We asked Manong driver to just wait for us. On our way back to Argao Poblacion, we dropped by a store selling Argao Tablea, I bought two packs for only Php 120.00. We asked Manong driver to bring us to Chitay's, here I paid him Php 100.00
A trip to Agrao is not complete without tasting the famous Torta, a baked cake with "bahalina," fermented coconut juice as its rising agent. I bought a total of Php 170.00 of Chitay's baked goodies.

We a wonderful experienced and pasalubongs, we are ready to bid Argao Goodbye. Bus back to Cebu City for Php 79.00.

Total Expenditures:
Terminal fee         -  P  5.00 x 2 = P   10.00
Bus Ticket                  79.00 x 2 =     158.00
Lunch                                             285.00
Tricycle (to Nature Park)                   16.00
Entrance Fee & Canopy Walk             30.00
Entrance at Riverstone Castle             80.00
2 packs of Argao Tablea                    120.00
Tricycle                                          100.00
Chitay's Goodies                              170.00
Bus Ticket                                       158.00
                                              PHP  1,127.00

I may have went above the budget, still it is worth the experience and thrill, this whole budget is for two people.
More Mai Travels!!!
Travel Date: July 1, 2012




Comments

  1. Nice place. I love the hanging bridge! I think I'm gonna need a month to try all the beautiful places in Cebu. I was only able to explore Cebu City and Bantayan Island.:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Ms. Chris, Southeastern Cebu has a lot of wonderful places. never been to Bantayan Island, hope to go there on my next visit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment