Lion’s Head & Philippine Military Academy …..My first Glimpse of Baguio City

The “Summer Capital” of the Philippines for more than a century, Baguio City has been one of the country’s top tourist destinations because of its cool climate the whole year round.
Every time I hear stories of friends going to Baguio, an image of a Lion comes to mind. And in my Baguio trip I have to have my picture taken with this infamous Lion’s image. After hours of bumpy climb to the City of Pines, finally I get a glimpse of what I have been raving for, its d’ Lion’s Head.

The Lion’s Head is actually a marker of Lion’s Club, through time it became synonymous to Baguio and become the pit stop to tourist going to the country’s Summer capital. Being a tourist spot, it has souvenir shops and a restroom for travellers.


Finally were in Baguio, another known stop when in Baguio aside from its parks & recreational areas is the Philippine Military Academy also known as Fort Pilar.
PMA is the country’s premiere military school. It is the institution that instill to our country’s present day heroes, our soldiers, COURAGE, INTEGRITY, LOYALTY. As they continue to safeguard our State.




Inside I never felt I was in an academy that trains soldiers to fight for their country, instead, I felt at peace with Mother Nature. The colorful flowers around & the scent of pines, reenergized my body after that long ride from Manila. There is a souvenir shop & café inside and a museum just beside the café. 

Failed to get a PMA Teddy......

One big thing that I love about these stops, I didn’t spend a single cent for an entrance fee.
It’s my first entry to our Baguio-Ilocos-Laguna trip, but I have to give credit to our driver/tourist guide Kuya Terry of Willy’s Rent a Car Service. For vehicle rental just contact Mr. Willy Rodriguez at 0920-4118124.

Comments